Sunday 27 July 2014

LAST FROM SCOTLAND


These are the last shots from our Scotland trip, mostly Butterflies and Dragonflies.


MOUNTAIN HARE

BROWN HARE

COMMON BLUE

DARK GREEN FRITILLARY

GOLDEN-RINGED DRAGONFLY

RED SQUIRREL
The pictures below were all firsts for us. The first shot is not great 
but they are rare in the uk (only in Scotland), and as it shows 
the green sides to the face, we have included it.

NORTHERN DAMSELFLY

CHIMNEY SWEEPER MOTH

NORTHERN BROWN ARGUS

NORTHERN BROWN ARGUS

WHITE-FACED DARTER

WHITE-FACED DARTER

8 comments:

  1. Real stunners again both,looks like you had a cracking time,
    Cu soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have certainly whetted my appetite for my upcoming Highlands trip John, love the Northern Brown Argus shots having never seen them before, in fact I like them all, looks like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely shot of the Mountain Hare, and the Golden-ringed Dragonfly is a wonderful specimen, but they are all great captures. Congrats on your new finds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heerlijk wat een zomerse log dit is genieten

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your wonderful images have made me realise that its about time I got out of the rut of visiting Scotland in late May. I need to go when the dragons, damsels and butterflies are about, and just dodge the midges!

    I love the Golden Ringed Dragonfly image - not seen one for about thirty years (by the coast in Devon)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you very much,for your very appreciated comments.
    Johnand Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice set of pics.. Love Scotland.. One visit is never enough.. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my!
    Do I envy your first hare picture!
    Wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete